Saturday, December 10, 2005

My Diary (2)

December 4th, 2005 14.30 pm.

Why I Come to India?

Before continuing my adventure in India, I just want to let you all know that I come to India not on my own fee. But you know, I come to India because I get a kind of scholarship from ICCR(Indian Couincil for Cultural Reltations). (Detail information about ICCR also available in this blog)

Getting a scholarship for me is such kind of a big gift from God that I ever had. It is a great opportunity, concerning that I will never be here if I don't get it. It is only because that I will never be here if I use my own money.Do you want to know the reason??

The reason is that I only the daughter of a laborman that earn not 'too' much money for a month salary. The money is only enough for earning our daily needs, but not for continuing my study. But luckly, I still can finish my BA degree in English literature in Islamic University of North Sumatra, Medan, Indonesia even I should work very and very hard for it.

After finishing my BA, I asked one of my previous lecturer, Mr. Purwarno, about studying In India because he had finished his study there, and got MA in English Literature in Jamia Millia Islamia University. He told me that he could go to India because he got scholarship from ICCR. Hearing this, a new hope comes to my mind that I can continue my study to a higher level, getting MA.

Havin a great interest in it, I try to look for information about ICCR by visiting the Indian Council in my home town. For the first time, I am not sure to apply for this scholarship because I am not clever enough to pass the test that may be conducted as a fulfilment. But my lecturers, my friends, and also my parents, support me a lot and they said that I would pass it because I already got the knowledge and why I should be afraid of trying to do a good thing. Realising that, I stand on myself confidence, and start to do it.

I had been interviewed before getting the application of ICCR scholarship. And you know, it was the first time for me to be interviewed in English. You can imagine what happen with me. I was trumbling during the time, but luckly I still could control myself for not becoming a 'stupid idiot student' in front of the interviewer who's name is Mr. Ndraha. After a long conversation, I finally got the application form, and that was the main point.

Sorry friends, I have something to do right now. Tomorrow I will continue this 'miracle' story. Okey?!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger   eXTReMe Tracker    
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online   Subscribe in Rojo   Add Diary of Rini Ekayati to Newsburst from CNET News.com   Add to Google     Subscribe in Bloglines   Add Diary of Rini Ekayati to ODEO   Subscribe in podnova